Barefoot Kids

Barefoot Kids

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Rendition of Nana's Infamous Pickle Sandwich

Nana, my beautiful wonderful Mother, makes one heck of a pickle sandwich. Something she craved and ate often while I was in utero, the white bread, smeared with Mayonaise (real Mayo, NOT Miracle Whip) and slices of pickles topped with a bit of salt (because you can never have too much salt:p). Why had I NOT had one of these delicacies until just recently (like a week ago recently, kids and I spent the day with Nana and had fried green tomatoes and pickle sandwiches for dinner). Since then, I'd craved one (no no babies in utero forcing this craving upon me, just the mouth watering thought of pickle. YUM). I decided to try the Pickle Sandwich toasted. I toasted two slices of wheat bread (sorry Mom, no white bread in the house). Then I put on a nice layer of reduced fat Mayo ( I know Mom...low fat is never as good, but this stuff wasn't bad) on one toasted slice then proceeded with a thick layer of pickle stackers and sandwiched it all with the other slice of toasted bread; Two Thumbs up to the Toasted Rendition of the Pickle Sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment