Barefoot Kids

Barefoot Kids

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Wait, Mom'" 'yes Max' "You're beautiful and you're pretty"

The bedtime saga continues well into the years with my kids, they've never let me off the hook easily for bedtime/nighttime. They're right when they say that you aren't done with your parenting shift when the kids go to bed. That's when all the fun starts around here, starting with a gabillion bedtime stalls from each kid and with each bedtime stall sparks a new bedtime stall from the kid in the next room. It's a fun little game we play for about an hour at bedtime. Sigh, and I thought I simplified by giving each of them they own, only ONE snuggle night a week (before I was reading each a book giving each snuggles for a good 10min and still dealing with a gabillion and 1 stalls. So now we have a family book time, rotating in each of the kids beds around snuggle nights (your room if it's your snuggle night), tuck in, hugs, kisses, special led lanturns from Lola and Papa, another kiss and covers fluffed......and "Mom, wait! one more kiss, one more hug, I'm scared, I'm thirsty. Mom wait! I'm hot, I can't feel my fan. 2min later, I want my covers. I have to pee. I have to poop. I need a kleenex. Fix my butthole (yes this is Nyla's request at my helping her to fix her wedgie) I can't find my blankie (which is usually shuffled under the covers that have been tossed on and off and on, off then back on again 10 times). "Mom wait"...big sigh, I will not lose my nerve, bite tongue, breath...."yes Max".... "You're beautiful and you're pretty too. I love you" (sheesh doesn't that make a Mom feel like an ass for just about to release a little bit of Mt Everest on his little butt" Little turds, they always find a way wiggle their way back into my heart when they are riding my last nerve.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I still get that little flutter when my 27 year old son says, "I love you, Dad," every time we talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the greatest feeling, love :)

    ReplyDelete